Spiced Prawn & Chorizo Taco’s
Makes 3 - 4
Here’s one of our hot favourites. Spicy prawns and chorizo with a cooling guacamole and zesty pickled onions. Whether its Taco Tuesday, or just a standard day of the week you will love this one!
- 150g Raw Prawns (fresh/thawed and de-veined)
- 200g Chorizo Sausage
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Tomato
- 1/4 Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1-2 tsp Aldersons Habanero Hot Sauce
- Lime Juice to taste
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Aldersons Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1x Pack of Soft Tortillas
- 75g Gruyere Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Aldersons Zesty Pickled Red Onions
- Slice the chorizo sausage into half inch rounds and add to a bowl, followed by the prawns.
- Into the same bowl, add the smoked paprika, garlic powder and chipotle powder and mix until well coated. Set aside in the fridge and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add all the guacamole ingredients and stir until combined. I like mine fairly chunky and a bit rustic.
- For the mayo, simply stir together the mayonnaise, hot sauce and lime juice.
- Add a little olive oil to a hot skillet, then drop in the sausage. Cooking for 4-5 minutes. Moving around to get an even colour. When looking nice and caramelised add the prawns and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Put the proteins to one side in a separate dish.
- Turn the heat down on the skillet, and one at a time add a taco to the skillet. Flip once and add a little grated Gruyere cheese. When melted remove and repeat.
- Now the fun part, building!
- Spoon on a good load of guac, then a nice helping of Aldersons Zesty pickled Red Onions.
- Add on the prawns and chorizo, with a drizzle of habanero mayo.
Top off with some fresh coriander and if you like it hot, some more hot sauce.