- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots (about 300g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium kumera (about 200g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1cm grated ginger root
- 500ml / 1cube vegetable stock
- ½ tin coconut milk
- Sprig of Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Alderson’s Zest Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion for a few minutes until browned. Add the carrots, kumera, and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add stock, Zest sauce and coconut milk, turn the heat down and all to simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Blend until smooth and serve garnished with coriander and a little more Zest sauce.