Aldersons Morepork BBQ sauce has become a family favourite instead of tomato paste on pizza. It gives both meat and vegetarian pizzas a new twist – as a vegetarian option use roast veges and leave off the chorizo in this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin, de-seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x large pizza base
- 1/2 cup Alderson’s Morepork BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 350g greek style yoghurt
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Steam the butternut pumpkin for 10-15 mins or until tender.
- To caramelise the onions, use a small saucepan over a medium heat, spray with oil, add onion and stir. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to stir for 2-3mins. Take off the stove and put aside.
- Spread Morepork sauce on the pizza bases.
- Scatter the steamed butternut pumpkin, caramelised onions, feta cheese and pine nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until bases are crisp.
- Finally drizzle with greek yoghurt and fresh basil leaves.