Morepork Buffalo Pizza
Serving 4 (Two Pizzas)
- 250g free range chicken breasts, sliced 1cm
- 3 tbsp spice mix (equal parts onion /garlic powder, paprika, mustard) or use your favourite spice rub that you have on hand
- Morepork Buffalo Wing sauce
- 50g roasted capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 90g cheese, grated
- 100g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 wholemeal pizza bases
- 150g frozen corn
- 1 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
Preheat oven to 220c. Preheat two oven trays.
Pat chicken dry, slice 1cm and and toss in a medium bowl with spice mix/rub. Season with salt + pepper.
Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Remove from heat and stir through buffalo sauce.
- Prep capsicum, onion and cheese. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste and tomato sauce. Divide tomato mix between pizza bases and spread evenly. Top with capsicum, onion, corn, chicken and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer one pizza to each preheated tray and cook for 12-14 minutes, until bases are crisp and golden around the edges. Swap trays halfway through cook time to ensure even cooking.
Once pizzas are cooked, add a swirl of garlic aioli to each pizza and drizzle over remaining buffalo sauce.
- To serve, fill each bun with a generous amount of the BBQ chicken mixture, and fillings and condiments of choice. Serve immediately.