Serves 2 (6 tacos)
- 400g trimmed lamb steaks
- 6+ tortillas (maize-corn ideally)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons Alderson’s Salsa Verde
- 2 small handfuls fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 lime
- Sour cream – to add at end if that’s your thing
- Take the steaks and prune off any over-sized chucks of fat. Peel and slice the onion into half rings. Place the meat into a container and pour three table spoons of Alderson’s Salsa Verde onto it, covering all sides of meat. Place the raw onion loosely on top of the meat and cover allowing to marinate for 2+ hours – ideally overnight.
- Cut the avocado and tomatoes into small chucks and set aside. In a pan heat the tortillas through, turning once until they start to turn slightly brown. Cover and set aside.
- In a pan heat one tablespoon of olive oil. Take the onion from on top of the meat and brown off setting aside in small bowl.
- In another clean pan heat the rest of the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the meat and turn once browned. Spread the remaining Salsa Verde on the steaks as they are cooking and turn again. Cook as preferred.
- Once the meat is done remove and let it rest for a couple of minutes, then cut into thin strips.
- Serve in the tortillas with the onion, tomato and avocado. Add sour cream and extra Salsa Verde if desired.